All of the sudden you’re panicking. You booked a photoshoot in the Reno Tahoe area, we’re a week out and you have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO! Will you look dog crazy if you take your fur child with you? What about that favorite necklace your grandma gave you? Ahhh, there’s just so much to think of!
Don’t worry! I’ve been in your shoes and I have some quick tips & tricks for you that will make your shoot go flawlessly! You’ll be rocking it as your most badass self after going through and practicing these:
- Get your beauty rest! Sounds like a no brainer but a lot of people will feel nervous or excited the night before and have trouble sleeping. Try to be well rested for the big day and give yourself plenty of time to fall asleep the night before.
- More water please?! This goes hand in hand with the sleep thing. Make sure you’re plenty hydrated for your shoot, in fact bring some with you!
- Find your good side – this is often overlooked when thinking about how to prepare for a shoot, but is so important! I’m a big fan of my right side and prefer to be photographed from that side, but I’ve had plenty a photographer tell me that my left side is gorgeous. Just because you might be stunning from all angles doesn’t mean that YOU don’t have a preference! I want to make sure to capture your favorite parts of yourself!
- Get all sexy for the mirror! We all have a general idea of what looks good and what doesn’t, so get a mirror out and practice some poses you feels makes you look as hot as you are! Remember sometimes the most flattering poses actually feel the most unnatural! But don’t worry I’ll be guiding you through this.
- Speaking of posing check out that face! Yes, I want you to go make faces at yourself in the mirror. Learn to SMIZE like the QUEEN T Banks! I’m not kidding. It’ll kill at our shoot and sexy smizes are always in.
- Get rid of that hair girl! Make sure to shave or wax any unwanted hair that will be exposed during the shoot. Think legs, arm pits, the stache – whatever.
- The little details make a difference! Double check your finger nail polish! If it’s chipping replace it, if you don’t wear any make sure you’re nails are looking clean and ready for a close up! I always suggest adding a clear polish as that adds a bit of sheen to your nails. I also recommend bringing some chapstick and lotion with you!
- Get creative with the props! I’m talking cute sunglasses, umbrellas, blankets! Props help to add more character and life to the shoot so be sure to grab your fav accessories before heading out the door! And also, please bring your dog! I will love you forever if you do!
- Remember that this is RENO! You will likely need to have jackets, scarves, things to keep warm, things you can take off… My solution: Bring multiple outfits! Something cute for each but make one workable for if you need to shed or add some layers!
- Finally I want you to WORK IT GIRL! Confidence is everything in photography, even if it’s a “fake it till you make it” confidence. Everyone gets nervous before a shoot and the first 20 minutes always feel a bit awkward. But I want you to get in the right mindset before we go shooting and start trying to channel those nerves into excitement! I want you to visualize the shoot going perfectly and you looking and feeling sexy AF, because you are!
And there you have it! Now go forth my beauties and kickass in preparation for your shoot! Can’t wait to see ya for a shoot up in Tahoe, Nevada, Reno, Sparks, Truckee, anywhere!